Weddings are my favorite. I started planning my own wedding by the time I was seven and have been a bridesmaid eight times. There’s something so magical about a couple pledging their undying love for each other in front of all those that are important to them. Needless to say, I was incredibly honored when I was asked to help co-host this month’s Craft Lightning series as it’s all about weddings. This week will be packed full of wedding related crafts that will take 15 minutes or less to put together.
All week long Angie from the Country Chic Cottage, Carolina from 30 Minute Crafts, and I, along with our crafty friends, are sharing fast and crafty ways you can make any wedding memorable and stunning in no time flat! Starting tomorrow, I’ll be featuring some of their awesome ideas, but for today, its just me sharing this super simple tutorial for an Easy DIY Place Card.
Let’s get started!
- black card stock
- white card stock
- wrapping paper
- paper trimmer
1. Trim the card stock to the following dimensions:
Black: 4 1/4 inches x 5 1/2 inches
White: 4 inches x 2 1/2 inches and 4 inches x 1 1/2 inches
2. Fold the black card stock in half to create a tent.
3. Use the larger cut of white card stock as a template to trace on the wrapping paper. This will be especially helpful if you’re going to make a few of these place cards. Cut the rectangle with scissors.
4. Attach the wrapping on the black card stock using the adhesive. Stick the smaller strip of white card stock directly on top of the wrapping paper.
5. Write the names and table numbers on each place card with a coordinating permanent marker.
Admire your handiwork!
Make sure to check back tomorrow for more Craft Lightning Wedding goodness plus the features from the blogs that shared fun ideas today!