Drawing a sailboat can be a fun and creative way to express your artistic skills, whether you are an experienced artist or just starting out. Sailboat are a popular subject in art, and they can be depicted in various styles, from realistic to abstract.
Drawing a sailboat can be a great way to practice your perspective, proportion, and shading skills. It can also be a relaxing and enjoyable activity that allows you to express your creativity and imagination. So, drawing a sailboat for fun or as part of a larger project is a great way to explore your artistic abilities and create something beautiful.
|Estimate time||30 minutes|
|Drawing materials||Pen, Marker, Crayon, Brush|
|Painting materials||Watercolor, Color pencil, Pastel|
|Surfaces materials||Paper, Canvas|
How To Draw A Sail Boat – Step by Step
Step 1: Creating the Body
The initial step is to create the body of the sailboat. The body will serve as the overall foundation of the drawing.
- Start by drawing two lines with the upper line longer than the below line. Please note that these two lines must not parallel to form the boat’s hull.
- After drawing the two parallel lines, connect the two lines at both ends with a curved one. Doing this step will create the hull of the boat.
- You can draw the deck at the top of the hull, as shown in the figure below.
Step 2: Enhancing the Design of the Sailboat
After you create the body of the sailboat, the next step is to enhance your drawing by adding additional designs.
- Start by putting a name on the boat and writing on the suitable upper side. You can also add a design to the hull by creating a curvy line from the front to the back part. Then, draw three windows inside the deck by drawing three small rectangles resembling small windows.
- Then, you can add the frame of the sails at the top of the deck. Start by drawing two vertical lines that are close to each other. Then draw another part of the horizontal line just above the deck and connect the two horizontal lines you draw earlier.
- The next step is to draw two sails. The first sail is found at the front portion of the sailboat and resembles a triangle, albeit with curvy lines. For the next sail, you only need to draw the line at the top of the vertical frame connecting to the end of the horizontal frame.
Step 3: Creating Additional Details
The next step is to put more details into the drawing, like adding a flag at the top of the two sails and putting colors and shading to the drawing.
- Start by adding a flag by drawing it at the top of the vertical frame of the sails. As shown in the figure, you can draw additional details into the sails by putting small lines on the side.
- The next step is to add colors to the boat. You can select the colors of your preference, but I suggest choosing flat colors. You can put colors on the flag, the two sails, the windows, and even the hull.
- Then, you can add shading and highlights to enhance the appearance of your drawing. You can draw some curvy lines on the side of the sailboat to resemble the sea.
Drawing a sailboat can be a rewarding and enjoyable activity that allows you to express your creativity and hone your artistic skills. With a few simple steps, you can create a beautiful sailboat that captures the essence of this classic watercraft.
Additionally, you can enhance the drawing of the sea to let the sailboat sail. Use blue color for the sea to enhance the drawing. You can also add some drawings on the background, like clouds, sky, and birds. Use appropriate color for the background. If you like this guide, please share it with others.