How can a ghost look cute? That depends on how well you portray their cuteness in your drawing. Should a ghost be carrying a pink heart or swaying to music? That will undoubtedly bring out its charm. How about giving them a touch of mischief to go along with their evil nature?
Whatever you have in mind, let’s get started with this how-to tutorial for drawing a cute ghost.
|Estimate time||15 minutes|
|Drawing materials||Pen, Marker, Crayon, Brush|
|Painting materials||Watercolor, Color pencil, Pastel, Crayon|
How to Draw a Simple Ghost – Step by Step
Step 1: Outline first!
Our ghost should be cute, so it surely needs a head. Let’s start by drawing the outline of this ghost:
- There are two parts of the ghost, head and body; you can draw two rectangles, one large and one small, to create a suitable proportion for these two parts (image 1)
- Now, with the rectangle as the reference, draw the head and body of the ghost based on your preference (image 2)
- Now, delete the rectangles to reveal your ghost’s shape.
Step 2: A ghost holding a heart!
Now that you know the outline of a ghost, let’s get creative with drawing the image of a ghost holding a cute pink heart!
- This ghost resembles a potato with a head a bit smaller than the body. So draw your outline.
- Now, add the heart-shaped eyes and cute smiling mouth for your ghost.
- Then, draw its hands holding the huge heart and decorate its coat with some details.
- Finally, color your ghost.
Step 3: A Halloween ghost!!!
Well, well, how about a ghost that is both scary and adorable? It will surely fit the Halloween festive atmosphere! This drawing can even be a sketch for your Halloween costume this year.
- Start outlining your ghost again, head and body.
- Now, you want the eyes to look mischievous, so draw two right rectangles facing each other. Add detail to the ghost’s coat, too.
- Then, draw the trident and color it; your ghost should be a little scary, right? Do not forget the two pointy horns.
- Complete the image by coloring the dark eyes with red eyeballs and a red tongue, too!
Step 4: A ghost swaying to music!
Another creative take for drawing a ghost is showing it enjoying some music:
- Just like the examples above, give your ghost a head and a body.
- The eyes and mouth of this ghost should match its sweet personality and love of music (image 2).
- Next, sketch the finishing touches like the headphones, music player, carrying hand, and coat waves.
- Now it’s time to pick a bright color and fill in the picture.
Step 5: A wicked ghost!
Another mischievous ghost as an inspiration for your cute drawing is here:
- Draw the ghost’s head and body with an ideal proportion
- Draw the black eyes and the cute hand for your ghost.
- Now, add the axe and the coat details, as you want your ghost to look a tiny bit scary.
- Now, choose the dark colors, like brown or gray for the drawing.
Draw your imagination
Your adorable ghosts can also do things like hold flowers, wear a bow tie around their neck, or simply smile and sing. It may be clutching a “booo” balloon or sporting cute sunglasses. It all comes down to imagination! Don’t forget to share this guide so you may draw lovely ghosts with your friends!