Are we the only ones in this universe? Due to the vastness and mystery of space, many believe that we may one day be visited by alien civilizations. Or, at the very least, we have used our imagination to create such companions, visiting Earth in an imaginary alien probe ship with antennas and bright light beams from beneath it.
Today, we’ll learn how to draw an alien ship from outer space. It’s not as complicated as you might think.
|Estimate time||30 minutes|
|Drawing materials||Pen, Marker, Crayon, Brush|
|Painting materials||Watercolor, Color pencil, Pastel, Crayon|
|Surfaces materials||Paper, Canvas|
How to Draw an Alien Ship – Step by Step
Step 1: Create the outline for the alien ship with parallel elips
For many people, the most difficult aspect of drawing an alien spacecraft is forming its shape. Everyone refers to an alien spacecraft as a flying saucer for a reason: it is made up of multiple elips laid on top of each other. Here’s an easy technique you can use for this first step:
- Because the elips are all aligned, their centers form a straight line. Draw five elips of various sizes, with the middle one being the widest, the next two smaller, and the top and bottom of the ship being the smallest (image 1)
- Add shape to the elips to make them three-dimensional and fit to each other so they can be made into ship parts. (image 2)
- Then, you need to attach these parts together to form the shape of the alien ship (image 3)
Note: The first two images can be used as the reference beside your final outline of the alien ship in image 3.
Step 2: Complete the alien ship image and add color to it
Now, we want the image to really look like an alien ship by adding colors to it:
- You should have removed all of the outlining lines by now, leaving a clean image of the ship.
- Colorize each part/elipse of the ship, ideally in different shades of the same color.
- Now, add highlights to one side’s border and dark shades to the other. Spare the lower part of the ship since it is not exposed to light.
Step 3: It’s time for the details
We often notice light emanating from the ship’s hull; now is the time to include such details:
- Add air or engine holes to the ship. You may include an antenna and a small flag.
- Then, use a bright/neon color to indicate the light from beneath. Feel free to include other small decorative details around the ship.
Final Step: Complete your beautiful depiction of the alien ship
Can you draw a planet? Let’s put your alien spacecraft with beautiful planets against a mysterious blue sky backdrop. Is the ship bringing an alien companion to Earth, or are they just visiting? That, of course, is up to your creativity when it comes to developing the picture.
Let’s not forget to share this fun experience with others. So feel free to share our drawing guide!